Watter makes pathogenic bacteria, fungi, yeast and viruses harmless. Watter's patented technology is based on the electrolysis of a saturated salt solution (NaCl). Nontox is created through electrolysis of this salt solution: a very powerful and sustainable disinfectant.
ConstituentsNontox is a biodegradable disinfectant and contains active chloride constituents, such as hypochlorous acid (HClO). Nontox also contains substances that belong to the hydroxyl group. This concerns, among others, hydroperoxyl (HO2), hydroxyl (HO), hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), oxygen (O2), ozone (O3) and singlet oxygen (1O2).
High Oxidation Reduction PotentialBacteria are inactivated due to the high oxidation reduction potential (ORP) of Nontox. A high ORP value means a greater chance of oxidation. Oxidation is caused when oxygen comes into contact with another substance. Oxidation always results in a reduction of electrons. In the case of microorganisms, such as bacteria, the electron reduction changes the cell membrane, interrupts the metabolic processes and eventually kills the microorganism.
Nontox effective against pathogens
- Enterococcus hirae
- Escherichia coli
- Legionella pneumophila
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Mycobacterium terrae (non-pathogenic variant from stem which causes tuberculosis)
- Salmonella Typhimurium
- Staphylococcus aureus
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Vibrio Cholerae
- Influenza H5N2
Fungi / Yeasts
- Aspergillus niger
- Candida albicans
High qualityThe performance of Nontox was tested extensively by TNO and other renowned scientific institutes. International EN protocols are applied to these tests. In addition, Watter meets European legislation and the highest quality standards.
The Watter system meets high quality standards:
- ISO 9001:2008
- ISO 14001
- OHSAS 18001
- AQAP 2120:2009
- IPC-A-610, class 2&3
Nontox is suitable for the disinfection of:
- Fruit & vegetables (EN 13697)
- Medical instruments (EN 14561)
- Rooms (EN 14349)
- Surfaces (EN 14561)
- Water (EN 14349, EN 13623)
Research results TNOTNO extensively tested the effectiveness of Nontox. These tests have indicated the following:
- Nontox is extremely effective in inactivating bacteria causing MRSA, cholera and tuberculosis in a very short time (one to five minutes);
- Inactivation of more than five log units (99.999 per cent) of the bacteria (EN1276) is brought about in a contact time of one minute or more;
- Atomised Nontox inactivates more than five log units (99.999 per cent) MRSA bacteria and coli bacteria on surfaces within 60 minutes.
- After exposure of 15 minutes to Nontox no more living cells were found of polio type 1, adenovirus type 5, murine norovirus, rotavirus and influenza H5N2.
- With a dose of one per cent Nontox indicates an inactivation of more than five log units (99.999 per cent) Legionella pneumophila in biofilm after a contact time of 60 minutes.